Monday 4 February 2013

Abigail: 4 months, 1 week

        We went for Abigail's four month appointment and immunizations this morning. She had her first rough night in months last night (rough being two wakings and a tough time going to sleep on her own) so we were all pretty sleepy getting there for 9:00 am. I think we're pretty spoiled with her, and these kinds of nights remind me of how much harder things could be.
 

Big news this month: 

     We are back to doing a night feeding, but she is so good at going right back to sleep afterwards that I don't even mind. Abigail has also started taking more regular (and longer) naps so we have more of a routine during the day. We tried sitting in the Bumbo in the tub too this month. I read a lot about it online and many families love it (because you can push it when the tub is empty and it actually suctions to the bottom of the tub) but our apartment tub is just a bit too curved and narrow for it to stick, so we probably won't keep doing that. That being said, she is MUCH closer to sitting on her own now, and is moving so so much. I find her turned right around in her crib every morning. I'm not sure I'm going to keep believing the "no bumper pads" thing though...her legs keep getting stuck in the bars of the crib. 
     Favourite things to do: grab her feet, make eye contact and smile, have her neck and belly tickled, touch our faces, talk and yell to herself on her playmat. 
     Even though she's constantly moving and wiggling, our little lady is still steadily gaining weight. She is a whopping 17.4 lbs and 64 cm long and wearing 6-12 month clothing. She also tasted some solids this month: cereal, bananas and carrots- seems like cereal will be the ONLY thing we have a problem with...she isn't really a fan.
     Mark and I are currently making plans for Abigail's baptism for April. His mother and I will be shopping for baptism gowns soon, I'm pretty excited to see her all dressed up again. She is such a little angel. 


I hate clipping her nails, so that scratch on her nose is totally my bad. 



Mark the date in your calendar, folks: the day you saw Abigail's neck...doesn't happen often with those chins



This face kills me, her Blue Steel.



Those hands. 



She smiles and laughs the most with her Daddy. I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. 

What we're looking forward to:


     Sitting! We also can't wait till she gets more control of those hands and plays with all the awesome toys she got for Christmas. We're SO close to that happening!


No comments:

Post a Comment