Friday 18 January 2013

Currently Steeping: Alpine Punch

          

             This Christmas Mark and I both asked for a plethora of gift cards (yes, you read it. I said, "plethora." I'm officially that girl) Living on a single income has us pinching pennies, and the idea of being able to go shopping was just as exciting to us as opening gifts this year.

             My younger sister, Krista, got me a DAVIDsTEA gift card as a part of my gift. Mark and I were feeling a bit under the weather last week, and had just finished the last of my pre-pregnancy tea hoard, so we loaded the little one into her car seat and went to restock. 
            Alpine Punch was one of the first teas the sales associate brought to us at the counter. We were sold almost immediately because it was caffeine free. As a nursing mother I wanted to be able to have gallons of tea without having a wired baby, thankyouverymuch. We also wanted something that packed enough flavour to make iced tea! If you haven't tried this one I'd definitely recommend it. It's fruity but also warms you with hints of black pepper and cinnamon. 

PS- I hope to make "currently steeping" a regular series on this blog. Like good food and wine, I believe that tea should be loved and shared with those around us! Especially for those of us living in Canada, where winter chills can last half the calendar year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment